PDA

View Full Version : cold weather chain lube

CoryK
October 26th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Hey folks, any thoughts on the best chain lube for cold weather riding? I'm a huge fan of Tri flow, especially for wet weather and muddy conditions. Tri flow says its good from -60 to 475 degrees F.

FastEd
October 28th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Cory,

The Pedro's ice wax works well for me. It's thick and probably best stored in a heated area during the winter. A lesson learned though, don't use it in the summer. Too messy and collects a lot of dirt.

CoryK
October 28th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks Ed, ill give Pedros a try. Right now the forcast for Traverse city is dry and 50 degrees for the Iceman.

FastEd
October 28th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I have a big bottle you are welcome to try before you buy your own. The weather is looking good but it'll be a cold start again. Are you racing? There are several people from Columbus racing.

CoryK
October 28th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Cool. Id like to try the ice wax sometime. Yea im racing the Iceman. This will be my third time, but its been six years since ive been there. Whos all going?

FastEd
October 29th, 2012, 06:30 AM
I'll throw the bottle in my car for when I see you next at Iceman or on the trail. It's definitely not something to use with all the sand up there.