Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Erie Canal

Made it out this afternoon. We fixed a couple of ruts. Perfect riding today.

Ugh! Two days of rain. Stay off for a few days.

Any update? Seems like most of the rain was further south yesterday.

It's cleaned up and good to go. Until the rain...

Appreciate the updates! Hoping to get over there tomorrow AM. Please update conditions if anyone checks it out today after the rain yesterday. Looks like not much fell in that area.

Perfect. No rains, no mud, just perfect.

Trail was as good as it gets, good job on the drainage thank you guys no more mud!

I rode four laps this AM. It's still in great shape after the rain earlier this week. Get out there today before it rains again tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by davidwhittaker View Post
    I rode four laps this AM. It's still in great shape after the rain earlier this week. Get out there today before it rains again tomorrow
    Thanks for the updates guys. In the future please update the status when posting. We all love seeing green circles!

Went last night, was perfect, good first trail ride of the year. Go before the weeds take over!

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    Went last night, was perfect, good first trail ride of the year. Go before the weeds take over!
    Thanks, please set status in the drop down before clicking the post button.

Question. I have never ridden here. My daughter is going to go for her first mountain bike ride. Would this trail be good for a total newbie?

Quote Originally Posted by fireman510 View Post
    Question. I have never ridden here. My daughter is going to go for her first mountain bike ride. Would this trail be good for a total newbie?
    I would say no...unless you only did the beginner loop. It's less than a quarter mile. i'd recommend bedford.

I'd also suggest Bedford. The Ohio Erie Canal trail has some steep climbs, rocks, and other intimidating features that could scare off a newbie. I just ordered my 6 year old daughter a Islabike Beinn 20 and plan to start her on the easier Bedford loops. I haven't been down there yet, but I heard Edge Outdoors built a new loop in Medina at the Huffman/Reagan Park trail system that is geared towards newbies & kids.

Thanks for the input gents. We will try our hand at Bedford.

I met someone last night that is teaching their 7 year old to ride trails and she said the 1/2 mile easy loop at the Ohio Erie Canal is working for them.

Trail is in great shape!

It's all cleaned up and dry again.

Cleaned leaves out of all the drainages and trouble spots on intermediate loop.. Trail is now ready for el nino winter. Viva el nino! El nino es bueno!

The whole loop is cleaned up and in great shape today.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information