Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mohican

What's the latest ? I'm planning on driving up from Columbus Friday.

OST Noob, I need to post more
    I'd suggest looking at the facebook page for updates. Latest update is from April 8th though.

https://www.facebook.com/MohicanMalabarBikeClub

I rode there Wednesday evening trail was good with streams flowing. no real mud though just a couple of spots to ride through or bunny hop over, multiple trees down though out the trail system. big one on down hill leading to covered bridge mile 10 ish and big one mile 20 ish and a few others.

The trail crew has cleaned up all the trail and it was dry and drained, only one big tree down at mile 22.4. what a difference a week makes. great job trail crew!!

Trail is all clear now, no downed trees as of wednesday

Some wet/mud areas. Pretty decent. Tree down at the 16.5 mark as of Sunday morning.

Rode Mohican Friday afternoon. It's in great shape with just the above mentioned tree at 16.5. It looks like those with good skills can ride over the log, but there are some big gouges in the tree from chainrings.

It does look like quite a number of ruts on the trail that were made when conditions were wet but with some bike traffic these should smooth back out.
    Last edited by Kuttermax; May 28th, 2016 at 12:12 PM.

Got back out today. Trail was wetter than Friday but still very rideable. There were a few soft spots and then a couple of puddles that one needed to ride straight through. I suspect after a couple of more days, provided there is no further rain, the trail will be in ideal conditions. Perfect for Mohican 100 this weekend.

BTW, the tree at mile 16.5 has been cleared. No other trees down.

Trail is in fantastic shape. One tree down between Miles 21 and 22 but it can be rolled over, especially towards the right side.

Tree down after 1st switch back entering trail head, 1 down at mile 5, and 1 down mile 16.5, Trail was dry and fast Wednesday evening.

Rain was light enough it didn't make it through the leaves, so dirt is still good. New tree down between 14 and 15, just west of the road to the covered bridge; another out in the 20s, but I can't remember which mile marker.

Dry to dusty. No trees down. A little overgrowth with branches hitting me in the face and making for some blind turns. Otherwise perfect conditions.

Dry and dusty and loose but still a blast, tree down mile 13.5 right where it leads out to the gravel section of road we ride up to next trail entry point can see tree that is down from that road, also one to kind of ride around about mile 19.3, other wise all good, seems like there has been some tree roots that have been cut out in places?

Not so much a trail conditiom post but a question. Any water refill spots? I have ridden the trail a few times but always bring a pack for the whole ride so never worried about water or payed attention to refill spots. Maybe water at the bridge halfway or another area? Thanks all. Sennddd ittt.

There's water at the 8 mile marker.
    Ed Braunbeck
    COMBO Board Member
    National Mountain Bike Patrol

I will have to look close I have missed it, guess I have never looked though

The water is down the road/trail on the left. I believe there's a picnic table at 8 miles as a point of reference.
    Ed Braunbeck
    COMBO Board Member
    National Mountain Bike Patrol

Found the water and thank you. it is a left turn at that picnic table right before mile marker 8, and like 200 feet and you are at that little open area with water on the left and 2 porta poties there also.

Anyone with insight on trail conditions given all the rain that's hit Ohio the past few days. Might the trail be rideable Saturday?

Found this online: "Trails will probably still be a little wet with puddles tomorrow."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information