Thread: The Wilds

The Wilds

status unknown
    Gregg Soster
    National Mountain Bike Patroller

Most of the Grass sections have been mowed. Few tress down here and there, nothing hard to get around. Dirt is good. Stay clear of 3 Mile, it has not seen any love yet.
    AOA Leader

Most of the Grass sections have been mowed. Few tress down here and there, nothing hard to get around. Dirt is good.
    AOA Leader

Really good Tuesday afternoon. Lots of leaves blown off, no doubt in conjunction with upcoming AOA Halloween ride. Thanks HWB!

The Wilds are in great shape! Parking lot a little wet but after that amazing. Look for new construction happening on West Nile. Going to be sick!
    AOA Leader

Got chased out by light rain at the end, but trails seemed to have shaken off prior days' rain. Everything I tried was rideable, just some soft spots here and there. Large tree down across the Rim Trail that will need a chainsaw.

Not sure what the forecasted rain might have done to it afterward, but it was perfect earlier. Just starting to get a little leafy.

Just a little bit blown off so far over in the general vicinity of Playa for the Halloween ride. In the meantime, be prepared to periodically pull chewed-up leaves out of your drivetrain. But the grip is great so there's lots of fun to be had. And I ate all the spiders on 3 Mile for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by tickmagnet View Post
    Just a little bit blown off so far over in the general vicinity of Playa for the Halloween ride. In the meantime, be prepared to periodically pull chewed-up leaves out of your drivetrain. But the grip is great so there's lots of fun to be had. And I ate all the spiders on 3 Mile for ya.
    Are these trails open to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by general lee View Post
    Are these trails open to the public?
    YES.

Anybody object to rerouting the beginner loop 3 Mile by the high wall? A warning sign at the least. Today I messed up there and crossed my tires on a length of root. It's pretty slick out there now and before I new what happened I was hanging off the side of said high wall with my bike on top of me.
    Not that I assume this happened before or will again but it does seem a serious danger to children or dim witted adults. It's highlighted on the MTB Project map but being in the single track mind and new to the terrain I was fairly oblivious to the height or proximity.

Rode Sunday and the trail is great, clean of debris and mud, has a new loop leading to run 1 from the parking lot. all 5 runs are in great shape get there and ride.

Moist in some places, but very rideable thanks to tree cover

Grassy areas are getting overgrown, especially the Field Loop -- but the dirt is all dry.

Don't they get that place all cleaned up for a Halloween Ride. rode there yesterday and yea pretty overgrown.

Trails are in prime shape. weed eating is done and trails are clear of leaves and debris. Trails were perfect Saturday. Thanks to AOA and there entire support crew.

Thread Information