Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Hope

Lake Hope

status update coming
    Gregg Soster
    National Mountain Bike Patroller

Rode on Tuesday August 20, 2013, in excellent condition. Rode Copperhead, Wildcat, Bobcat, and both Yosemite's. 3 trees down on Copperhead, none on the rest, dry, dry, dry. Go ride it.

Lake Hope was good Saturday and will be dry today.

Any updates?
    Rule #1: Rubber side down. Always.

The trail was mostly dry but completely leaf covered on March 11, 2014. It has gotten pretty wet since then but the forecast shows a chance of rain Friday I bet its good to ride Thursday and if the rain stays away good for the weekend.

OST Noob, I need to post more tlist's Avatar
    Any updates? Not sure if this area got rain last night.

A friend of mine from Athens said there was a lot of rain there during the day today so I suspect Lake Hope got hit too.

Anybody ride lake hope this past weekend? What are the conditions? Thanks.

OST Noob, I need to post more
    I rode on Saturday. The trails are in very good shape with just a few wet spots and blow downs. There are a lot of tree limbs on the trails though. Only issue I had was on Yosemite Falls. It has seen little traffic and the trail disappeared in the leaves.

Rode Saturday May 3, evening. 98% dry. You and your bike will be mud splattered from deep creek crossings, drainage ditches that have running water in them, and 6 muddy areas ranging from 8 to 20 feet in length. GO RIDE LAKE HOPE!

Rode Saturday May 3, evening. 98% dry. You and your bike will be mud splattered from deep creek crossings, drainage ditches that have running water in them, and 6 muddy areas ranging from 8 to 20 feet in length. GO RIDE LAKE HOPE!

Dry, Fast! 4 trees that require chainsaw are on Yosemite Ridge, Wildcat near Grouse Point, and 2 on the Bobcat side of Copperhead

Rode today 07/04 in the a.m. What I rode was in very good shape with some small muddy spots in the low lying areas. I cannot comment on the condition Sidewinder, Furnace, or Lake trails though.
    Cat 1 ... Commuter that is!

Lake Hope

Perfect conditions today, quite a few trees down on Yosemite Falls.

Lake hope was really dry saturday 7-26-14 but after the rain sunday not sure what it would be like now. still had some down trees. It would be nice to get a group together to clear some trees! it would make the ride even better at lake hope!

Great shape! Several trees down on Sidewinder so avoid it if you're not into dismounting.

This was my first ride here and I absolutely loved it. The trail was nice and dry. I started at Grosse Pointe and rode wild cat to copper head to Yosemite ridge a picked up copperhead back to Grosse point. I found one tree down on copperhead on my way back it between the Yosemite trials and the red oak intersection. Other then that is perfect to ride.

A 2" thick bed of frozen leaves to test your fitness AND determination.

Keep in mind that this update will be irrelevant since rain is forecasted for most of the week. But, trails were amazing today. Still a good number of puddles, but riding was great. Rode Wildcat, Bobcat, both Yosemites, and half of Copperhead. Bobcat and Wildcat were the worst offenders, but still totally rideable. As long as the rain this week isn't too bad, wait a day or too after it's over and you should expect similar conditions.

Any local opinions on what kinda shape the trails will be tomorrow?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information