Thread: New guy from Lake Tahoe, Nevada. Looking for some single track.

New guy from Lake Tahoe, Nevada. Looking for some single track.

Hello all, I just recently moved to the Columbus area for work and I'm looking for some actual singletrack : ) Coming from the Reno/Tahoe area, I know nothing will be quite the same but, I love riding my bike and need some adrenaline rush.

I live in the blacklick area. Are there any private trails I can access with permission or decent trails in the area.

My local trail back home is Northstar at Tahoe and I have raced Downhill bikes at the Expert level for the last few years but I am starting to trail ride a bit more now and really don't have a choice now : )

Looking for some guidance and trail friends.

Hey Trailtan, welcome to the flatlands!

There are three major trail systems around Columbus: Alum Creek P1 and P2, and Chestnut Ridge. I like CR the best of the three. If you go here:

http://combomtb.squarespace.com/

and click the "trails" link at the top, you can find address and such for these three trails. There are other trails around--you can see the list on the "Trail Conditions" tab, but I think you're on your own to find the map, directions, etc from that link. Dillon SP is pretty close to you, and a good ride. Pay attention to the trail conditions as well: everything around here is clay based soil, which doesn't deal well when riding on it in wet conditions. Like now.

Unfortunately, for trail chatter, this board is pretty quiet. I won't say "dead," but it's almost flatlining. We switched message boards a while back, and that seemed to kill the traffic flow. Maybe everyone is on Facebook these days, I'm not sure.

Stick around and I'll convince you of the virtues of a rigid 29er singlespeed!

Quote Originally Posted by trailtank View Post
    Hello all, I just recently moved to the Columbus area for work and I'm looking for some actual singletrack : ) Coming from the Reno/Tahoe area, I know nothing will be quite the same but, I love riding my bike and need some adrenaline rush.

I live in the blacklick area. Are there any private trails I can access with permission or decent trails in the area.

My local trail back home is Northstar at Tahoe and I have raced Downhill bikes at the Expert level for the last few years but I am starting to trail ride a bit more now and really don't have a choice now : )

Looking for some guidance and trail friends.

The Wilds have some "Enduro" sections that will satisfy your DH needs. The AOA club has a handful of DH riders in the fold that ride there.
    AOA Leader

Check out Horns Hill, city of Newark parks for a small taste of downhill.

Steve Z

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by SS_Eric View Post
    Hey Trailtank, welcome to the flatlands!

There are three major trail systems around Columbus: Alum Creek P1 and P2, and Chestnut Ridge. I like CR the best of the three. If you go here:

http://combomtb.squarespace.com/

and click the "trails" link at the top, you can find address and such for these three trails. There are other trails around--you can see the list on the "Trail Conditions" tab, but I think you're on your own to find the map, directions, etc from that link. Dillon SP is pretty close to you, and a good ride. Pay attention to the trail conditions as well: everything around here is clay based soil, which doesn't deal well when riding on it in wet conditions. Like now.

Unfortunately, for trail chatter, this board is pretty quiet. I won't say "dead," but it's almost flatlining. We switched message boards a while back, and that seemed to kill the traffic flow. Maybe everyone is on Facebook these days, I'm not sure.

Stick around and I'll convince you of the virtues of a rigid 29er singlespeed!

Thanks everyone, I rode Chestnut Ridge Last weekend, It was nice, a little goopy, but nice. I noticed they have a pump track there..........awesome, because I brought my pump track bike with me as well. : )

Thanks again everyone.

I am open to help build some trails if anyone is interested. I was quite involved in the Reno area and have dug multiple dirt jumps and pump tracks.

I noticed Mohican is not mentioned..I hope you found it..good times there.

Mohican is definitely my favorite in the area - about 25 miles of great single track with some good climbs mixed in - about 3000 feet worth. It also tends to dry out much quicker than most trails in the area. It's worth the drive and is in a beautiful part of the state.

http://www.mtbproject.com/trail/960984

If you are up for a drive out of state, perhaps over a weekend, check our Brown County in southern Indiana. It's a really great place to ride as well.

http://www.mtbproject.com/trail/1002206

Thread Information