Thread: No Camp Manitoc Race for 2015-?

No Camp Manitoc Race for 2015-?

Has the Camp Mantoc race been discontinued?

I can't find any info, nothing on the 331 website...?

If so, what a shame. That was one of the best races of the year, at a great location. The 331 guys did a fantastic job. Really hate to lose another great MTB race for NE Ohio.

Is NE Ohio MTB Racing dying?

Nothing....?

Where has everyone gone?
    This used to be a great place for info...

Quote Originally Posted by nortkpk View Post
    Nothing....?

Where has everyone gone?
    This used to be a great place for info...
    The COMBO board voted to not perform any updates on this site (sadly), perhaps you can send them a message to please refresh this site.

dan.fausey@yahoo.com is the president
    Gregg Soster
    National Mountain Bike Patroller

Quote Originally Posted by nortkpk View Post
    Has the Camp Mantoc race been discontinued?

I can't find any info, nothing on the 331 website...?

If so, what a shame. That was one of the best races of the year, at a great location. The 331 guys did a fantastic job. Really hate to lose another great MTB race for NE Ohio.

Is NE Ohio MTB Racing dying?
    Camp Manitoc is not happening this year. I don't know if its because of how trashed the trails got at last year's race or if its simply because the 331 guys were not able to continue putting on the races. I agree they did a great job at every race they put on. As far as I understand though, they all have day jobs and organizing a race series is a lot of work for a small pay off. They cut back this year to 4 events, so most of the long running xc races in NEO are gone. It's a shame, but I can't blame them.

The answer in short to your other question is...yes.

Thanks for replys.

I agree, putting on a race has to take a lot of work, with very little pay back or appreciation.

Just a couple years ago I could do; Manitoc, Huffman/Medina time trial, and Royalview race. All within a easy 30 minute drive.
    If I go way back; I remember racing at Alpine Valley Ski area, and Snowtrails ski area. Great trail / races! Now all gone.

A shame to lose these promoters and races...

As for the web site; is there a better site to go to for local Mtn Biking info...?
    I know about; http://forums.mtbr.com/forum.php but that is more national.

Thread Information