Thread: How do we find out about trail days?

How do we find out about trail days?

I heard someone mention that a lot of work had been done on P1 recently. I'm happy to help with trail work--I've done it in the past, it's satisfying to get and do physical work after five days at a desk. But it's hard to volunteer if these work days aren't announced. Where can I go to find this information? The "calendar" function on this site only goes to 2014, so it's not particularly helpful.

The COMBO Board made the decision to not update this site. I'd like to see a refresh of the front page, links to the IMBA / COMBO membership site, Link to events. You can go to www.combomtb.com but even that is not very up-to-date sometimes. I believe in an active digital channel but that takes time, money and resource talent. Change starts with an active membership, tell the leaders what you want, they are under the impression they're doing a great job with online communication.
    Gregg Soster
    National Mountain Bike Patroller

It's pretty frustrating when half the links on that page come back here, but there's no link from this site to the new site.

Hey COMBO leaders: you're doing a poor job of reaching out to your audience.

A google groups list would be easier and more effective than what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    The COMBO Board made the decision to not update this site. I'd like to see a refresh of the front page, links to the IMBA / COMBO membership site, Link to events. You can go to www.combomtb.com but even that is not very up-to-date sometimes. I believe in an active digital channel but that takes time, money and resource talent. Change starts with an active membership, tell the leaders what you want, they are under the impression they're doing a great job with online communication.

Quote Originally Posted by SS_Eric View Post
    I heard someone mention that a lot of work had been done on P1 recently. I'm happy to help with trail work--I've done it in the past, it's satisfying to get and do physical work after five days at a desk. But it's hard to volunteer if these work days aren't announced. Where can I go to find this information? The "calendar" function on this site only goes to 2014, so it's not particularly helpful.
    I see the work days posted often on facebook. Here is a link to the combo event page.

https://www.facebook.com/central.ohio.mtb.org/events

Also I believethe trail stewarts do a lot of trimming and such when they have free time.

The link doesn't work for me because I'm not on Facebook, and have no interest in joining. I'm all about Pinterest these days (OK, not really)

Quote Originally Posted by fordohio View Post
    I see the work days posted often on facebook. Here is a link to the combo event page.

https://www.facebook.com/central.ohio.mtb.org/events

Also I believethe trail stewarts do a lot of trimming and such when they have free time.

Quote Originally Posted by SS_Eric View Post
    The link doesn't work for me because I'm not on Facebook, and have no interest in joining. I'm all about Pinterest these days (OK, not really)
    I didn't want to join either. I held out for a while. But now I get so much info from there. Whether biking or non biking subjects. Not really any different than signing up for this forum if you make your securities tight.

Thread Information