Thread: What's up in the rust belt?

OST Noob, I need to post more

What's up in the rust belt?

I live in western PA and have never rode at Beaver Creek, Poland Forest, or Lake Milton. Would love more info, or a tour if someone is willing to link up with me for a ride or two!

Well pahillbilly, We have been busy working on trails as well as many administrative issue that come with a new growing organization. As our club Trail Steward I have first hand knowledge of the trails and what is happening with them. We have coninued to work with the managers of all the parks you have listed. I can break it down llike this Beaver Creek is a great place to enjoy. The RBRTC has made the Dogwood trail our main focus to bring it up to substainable standards to insure the least amount of future problems. We have completed the first phase of the new Salamander trail, have completed two major reroutes with a third in the works!
    Poland Municipal Forest is a beautiful gem. PMF has the least amount of issues and due to that we have decided to keep our limited resources focused on the other two sites. That being said we have one trail project at the request the PMF board to reclaim a short section of unautorized trail and return it to it's natural state.
    As for Lake Milton, It is a new site in progress. We have continued construction this spring after the continuous snow coverage had really put a hold on our ability to get anything done. We have a total of 52 volunteer hours so far this year at LM and have many Trail Days set for the remainder of the year.
    I would love to help you find some one to ride with, I sadly do not get a chance to ride often because of the trail building and all, but I would encorage you if you use facebook to come visit and reach out at the "Rust Belt Revival Trail Coalition" page as this is where the most communication happens. Thank you for your inquiry and I hope I have answer all of your questions, if not please continue to reach out!
    RBRTC Trail Steward

OST Noob, I need to post more
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll check out the facebook page.

Thread Information