Thread: Dillon.

Dillon.

Has anyone be out to Dillon? Is it good and dry?

It was real nice yesterday. Give it a day or two and it should be in good shape again.

Looking to ride Dillon Saturday morning for the first time. Probably starting pretty early before sunrise. Does the park or trail have certain hours or are we OK getting there early and using lights?

A group of us from Newark have been riding Saturdays at 7am most of the summer.Not sure how early you are starting but, you are more then welcome to ride with are group. We meet at beach. I'm not sure if there is a certain time for trail. I wouldn't think so being State Park.Trail is in the best shape its been all summer. Have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike0o2 View Post
    Looking to ride Dillon Saturday morning for the first time. Probably starting pretty early before sunrise. Does the park or trail have certain hours or are we OK getting there early and using lights?

Quote Originally Posted by kneel View Post
    A group of us from Newark have been riding Saturdays at 7am most of the summer.Not sure how early you are starting but, you are more then welcome to ride with are group. We meet at beach. I'm not sure if there is a certain time for trail. I wouldn't think so being State Park.Trail is in the best shape its been all summer. Have fun.
    Thanks, we might be getting there earlier than 7, still not sure though. How long is the trail exactly and how long does it usually take your group ride?

The trail is 15 miles depending on how you ride it. We normally ride 12 or 13 miles. We don't always do rock gardens. Are rides are under 2hrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike0o2 View Post
    Thanks, we might be getting there earlier than 7, still not sure though. How long is the trail exactly and how long does it usually take your group ride?

There's been some great trail improvements happening at Dillon lately. The current project is major reroute and intersection realignment that is going to add about a mile of flowy, berm-laden trail and turn that poorly marked multi-intersection horse, hiking, mtb clusterfudge (you're thinking which one of them right!?) into a simple 4-way for mtn bikers. And it will make it easier for the horses to stay on their trail and not poop on ours.

Through the AOA's hard work Dillon is ridding better than it ever has. Wait until its a little drier and drive over to Zanesville to check out our trails!

OST Noob, I need to post more
    Rode today and the new section is looking good. The trail had been mostly hard with a few damp spots so the new section caught us by surprise. It is really soft and should not be ridden. We got off as soon as we could and walked it to the 4 way split. The berms and the flow look like they will be really fast once it dries up and hardens. Not to mention the fact of avoiding dying on that rocky straight downhill section that you routed us around. LOL

Good morning. We have rented a cabin at Dillon or Lake Hope for Thanksgiving every year for as far back as I can remember. We love the opportunity to ridI was just reading that Dillon is "Closed one weekend on or around Thanksgiving". Is that accurate? If so, what weekend?
    https://www.rei.com/opt-outside/acti...iking/37008874

OST Noob, I need to post more
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Good morning. We have rented a cabin at Dillon or Lake Hope for Thanksgiving every year for as far back as I can remember. We love the opportunity to ridI was just reading that Dillon is "Closed one weekend on or around Thanksgiving". Is that accurate? If so, what weekend?
    https://www.rei.com/opt-outside/acti...iking/37008874
    You'll probably want to confirm with the park before booking anything, but I'm pretty sure the closure is for the annual youth deer hunting weekend.

Looks to be November 19-20 this year.

http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/news/post/d...ty-in-november

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    You'll probably want to confirm with the park before booking anything, but I'm pretty sure the closure is for the annual youth deer hunting weekend.

Looks to be November 19-20 this year.

http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/news/post/d...ty-in-november
    Thanks Charlie. I'll give them a call

Thread Information