Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fat Bike Picture Thread

Fat Bike Picture Thread

Let's ride tomorrow.
    Ed Braunbeck
    COMBO Board Member
    National Mountain Bike Patrol

Love to, but my social coordinator has me booked tomorrow night. You going out on Saturday or Sunday morning? My youngest has a 7:30am soccer game on Sat., but I was considering hitting the trails after that.

Hit West Branch yesterday. Shoulda took my Moonlander but I opted for the Pugs because of the suspension fork. I could have used a bit more traction in a couple places...

WB Snow 1.jpg

image.jpg

SS Pugsley with my Troll in road mode, Schwalbe Big Apples 2.35 looking tiny.

Re: Fat Bike Picture Thread

My old XL purple Pugs

Craig

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I've made a few changes over the past few months... Marge Lites w/ 616 hubs, Salsa Pro Moto 1 stem and carbon bars, XO shifters and I swapped out the steel Enabler Fork for the Carver Carbon O'Beast. I think I'm pretty much done. I may put on a set of XTR hydros next year (BB7's are more than meeting my needs, but the Krampus hydros are spoiling me). She's ready for Pelotonia!

Marge Lites w/ 616 hubs, Salsa Pro Moto 1 stem and carbon bars, XO shifters and I swapped out the steel Enabler Fork for the Carver Carbon O'Beast. I know a lot of you guys are concerned with weight of these bikes. But to me, this seems like a lot of trouble to go through.
    A fat bike will always be, well, fat... what's next tubeless? "I didn't post this to sir a debate or a holy war (or disrespect any of you... I love the passion you guys have for bikes... I share that), but I just have a tough time understanding why everyone goes to such great lengths for (what my subjective opinion is) for minimal reward. "
    Just messing with you, love the upgrades . Let us know how you like the fork.
    Jeff

I had that one coming... my buddy mentioned the same thing.
    My Ebay deals went crazy. The carbon bits are more for feel and less fatigue than anything else. (I love the carbon bars and fork... vibration has magically disappeared)... and losing a few pounds is a nice by-product. You'll be pleased to know that I am NOT running tubeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    ...The carbon bits are more for feel and less fatigue than anything else. (I love the carbon bars and fork... vibration has magically disappeared)...
    Ha! I do the same thing. My Moonlander wears carbon bars. That Muk looks awesome, and I love the Black Floyd tires.

Thought I'd post some pics of my Moonlander with it's new Lefty. I've had a lefty on it before, but the axle-to-crown was a little short for my liking. I found a Lefty Max and had it setup with a PBR damper and tweaked it to be at about 470mm a-c with sag. Much better, and it seems a great match for the Bud and Lou tire combo. Can't wait to go ride some mud!

MoonieLefty1.jpg

MoonieLefty2.jpg

Beautiful moonie!

Here's a shot of my half-fat...

Here is my Half fatty a nimbus oregon, I also have another wheel with a rabbit hold and a 29 and it's tubeless
    Last edited by knoxuni; July 31st, 2013 at 12:18 AM.

I'm dipping my toe in the fat bike waters. I'm pretty impressed so far with this $500 Bikes Direct machine, especially after I changed up the contact points for stuff from my parts bin:

What tires did you switch to?

IMG_3997_Cooker 2.jpg

IMG_3996_Cooker 3.jpg

IMG_3989_Cooker 5.jpg

Cooker Maxi: 26 x 4.25

Upgrades: carbon bars, carbon seatpost, ESI grips and hydraulic brakes

(Also, for sale, as of 2/12/16)

- JR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information