PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone "poached" the towpath trail yet?

lakechewbacca
October 10th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I am so pissed off at the government right now that I really want to. i haven't been chased by rangers in a long, long time...cuz I've been a good boy to get trail access. It might be fun. A-holes in Washington.:mad:

cdkarp
October 11th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Last night the towpath was full of dog walkers, runners and bikers.

Fleas
October 11th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Remember that just North of Brecksville and just South of Bath Rd. you are out of CVNP.

I was out on the first night of the shut-down. I didn't see even one ranger, but I was told afterward that they were very strict with those that they found. I can't believe that is their "essential" function. Heck that's more work than they have to do during normal times.

I haven't been down there since, but are the roads closed as well? I bet not.
In a pinch, I would say I was riding home from work and I didn't have legal lights for the street so I took the towpath.
OR, if you're getting a ticket anyway, just ride the Buckeye Trail and make it worth your while.

-F

lakechewbacca
October 12th, 2013, 07:55 PM
It did my heart good to see so many people riding and walking the towpath in CVNP. People were walking and riding around the barricaded trail entrance with complete disregard for this ridiculous political stunt. There were ALOT of people. At the rt.82 trailhead, all of the police tape was torn down, and people were walking in and out at will. Even if they try to ticket people, there is a saftey in numbers factor right now. I love Americans. F Washington.

zook7
October 23rd, 2013, 08:38 PM
FBHO