PDA

View Full Version : MTB Riding in the Smoky Mountains - Recomendations

brandon
May 13th, 2015, 01:27 PM
So I am heading out with the extended family for a trip to Gatlinburg in early June. I have been here many a time, however I have never had a chance to ride my mountain bike here, and it looks like prime area for some killer trails. I have ridden my road bike around the area several times, and will do the clingmans dome / newfound gap / cheorkee double and do some crusing on the blue ridge parkway as well. However I have two days budgeted to riding on pavement, and I would like to minimally get at least one day on a trail system, however I could get two!

I have done a little searching and found Tsali trail system which is near Cherokee, it looks pretty nice and the reviews are really good, lots of trail choices, maybe I could spend two days here? Any one have any personal experience?

Any other recommendations around this general area? I am not really intersted in driving and hours away into NC to ride, so it needs to be with in and hour approx.

Thanks

pahillbilly
May 13th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Recommendations? :confused: If I may; flip that plan - make it 2 days of MTB and 1 day of pavement. You'll be happy that you did. Tsali needs no introduction, nor any other words to describe the experience except just one - EPIC. For that matter, anywhere within two hours driving of Tsali will be EPIC! You will be happy that you decided to invest more time on dirt than pavement. Good luck and have fun. I'll be there in July for 5 days. :cool: